ACA was appointed to design an extension and internal re-modelling of a two-storey, detached house in Beverley. The brief was to increase living space for a growing family and improve layout and overall wellbeing.
The new design offers the residents an extra 54.5 sqm of additional space, with a ground floor gross internal area of 22.5 sqm, and first floor internal area of 24 sqm. The first floor extension towards the side garden offers a bedroom balcony, benefitting from additional space and fabulous views. The balcony cantilevers over the new modern kitchen / dining area, with sliding doors, inviting plenty of natural light inside. The front elevation extension provides a new porch with an extended bedroom on the first floor.
Carefully selected materials; soldier bricks, cedar cladding and white render mixed with existing, complement the original house, boasting a unique and modern design standard. The design:
- Provides an extension which sympathises with the original building and its surroundings.
- Avoids overshadowing surrounding neighbours.
- Ensures privacy for the residents and neighbouring houses.
- Invites in a significant amount of natural light.
- Uses sustainable materials containing a low carbon footprint.