Cottingham Parks appointed ACA for a golf club redevelopment masterplan, including the refurbishment and extension of existing facilities.
Primarily, the brief was to design a golf club redevelopment masterplan that allows for future expansion including:
- Maximising the views over the golf course from the Club lounges, dining area and terrace.
- A flexible function/events space for large events or smaller meetings.
- An outdoor events space for nice weather.
- Additional luxury lodges for future expansion.
- An additional “exclusive” Spa to run alongside the health club for spa breaks.
- Provision for an additional car park with a drop off point.
Principally, ACA had to carefully consider a viable phased development, avoiding business interruption and disruption during construction stages.
The landscape design accommodates outside wedding ceremonies, providing a pond with a fountain, seating and an alter with a pergola.
Furthermore, the event lawn provides a view onto the golf course, with beautiful plants screening off the car park.